Thursday, July 28, 2011

Stella & Dot Jewelry Party!




I was asked to make some cupcakes for a Stella & Dot jewelry party. If you go to their site (http://www.stelladot.com/sites/briannelee) you can see the ADORABLE earrings I got - they are the golds ones on the home page! Anyway, the hostess of the party sent me a link with their packaging and logo color scheme (turquoise, orange & green) for some inspiration for the cupcakes.



First, I wanted to get the cupcakes made so I could focus on the design; seeing it's as important as the taste (it is to me!). I made chocolate cupcakes topped with peanut butter frosting and white chocolate cupcakes topped with vanilla bean buttercream. I got the recipe for the white chocolate cupcakes from The Garden of Yum's blogAdd Image. This is her site, definitely check it out. (http://thegardenofyum.blogspot.com/search/label/cupcakes). These are delicious! I love white chocolate; probably my favorite food (that's considered food, right!)



Now... for the design... I wanted to incorporate the colors as well as the design on their packaging. I decided to cut out some fondant shapes that compliment Stella & Dot's look. AND THEN I had the idea to do one of the cupcakes with the company name "Stella & Dot." I loved the finished product, see below.






No comments:

Post a Comment